What you will need:
- 24"x24" pc of Wood
- Box of Nails
- Acrylic Paint
- Sand edges of wood pc so no one will experience any splinters.
- Paint the wood a solid color.
- Mix various colors of acrylic paint with a small amount of water to make it thinner.
- Cut straws in half.
- Place dabs of thinned acrylic paint, have student blow through the straw to allow the wind to spread the paint.
- Repeat #5 with various colors to cover the full surface.
- Mark light dots with white colored pencil where nails should be placed. Approximately 2" between each nail.
- Hammer in nails.
- Tie end of yarn on one of the nails. Proceed to bring the yarn across to other nails in a random pattern until the heart looks solid. May need to weave the yarn around outline of nails to further accentuate the shape of the heart.
- Apply hook to hang.